There a several options available to take a screen capture in Ubuntu. These are some of the methods that can be used.
- Press Alt-Prtsc to capture the active desktop.
- Use ImageMagick, "sudo apt-get install imagemagick" if you don't have it, type import "MyScreenshot.png into your terminal", type "eog MyScreenshot.png" to view your screen capture. You may hear a beep before you see the screen capture.
- Use Gnome-screenshot, Ubuntu's default screen capture tool, to capture the whole desktop or active window.
- Use Gimp to capture, go file, then Acquire, then Screen Shot.
- Use KSnapshot to capture all or part of the desktop.